Nurturing Parenting Program (NPP)
Nurturing Parenting Programs are intended for the treatment and Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect and for the Development and Promotions of Empathic, Compassionate Individuals, Families, and Communities. Sliding scale fees based on client's income and ability to pay.
Is to help parents increase their self-esteem and develop positive self-concepts.
Who Can Join?
Anyone that wants to learn/improve their parenting skills. Voluntary, court ordered, as well as other agency referrals are all appropriate for this program.
What You Learn
- The philosophy and practices of nurturing parenting
- Ages and stages of growth for infants and toddlers
- Ways to enhance positive brain development in children and teens
- Communicating with respect
- Building self-worth in children
- Understanding feelings
- Understanding and developing family morals, values, and rules
- Praising children and their behavior
- Alternatives to spanking
If you're interested in our Nurturing Parent Program,
call Turning Point, Inc. at 815.338.8081