Turning Point, Inc. Latino Counseling Services are customized to meet the needs of Latino individuals experiencing abuse – whether it is physical, verbal, sexual, financial, and/or emotional. All services are free.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Any individual whose life and day-to-day functioning has been directly impacted by domestic violence, including those who are:
- Currently experiencing abuse in a relationship. Abuse can be emotional, verbal, sexual, physical and/or financial.
- Feeling unsafe in a relationship, whether you want to leave or not.
- Still experiencing ongoing abuse from an ex-spouse or former partner.
- Concerned about abuse warning signs or escalating altercations in a relationship
WHAT SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE?
- Free, drop-in support groups
- We also offer free individual counseling by certified domestic violence advocates who offer emotional support, safety planning, education, and service referrals that may include:
- Explaining the U.S. court process to clients who don’t understand this legal system, since it often works totally different from their country.
- Providing clients with insight on and letters to assist in immigration process for the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and referrals to help with immigration process, U-Visa, and/or T-Visa.
Turning Point welcomes individuals of all citizenship and immigration statuses, ages, genders, races, socio-economic statuses, sexual orientations, religions, and nationalities. A Spanish-speaking advocate is available 24/7.
Schedule an Appointment Call our Helpline
24/7 Helpline (815) 338-8081